Christmas season is the time of numerous parties, get-togethers and fun. That is why you should start to think about your holiday wardrobe now. One of the most important parties you will need to attend is your office Christmas party. And if you don’t work – the office party of your spouse. Anyhow, before you rush into your favourite boutique for a new outfit, you should review the following dress code guidelines first.
Although everyone think that the keyword of “Office Christmas Party” is the word party, we strongly recommend that you focus on the word office. Of course we understand that you worked so hard during the year, got sick of your suite and want to let your hair down, wear your most revealing dress and party hard, but please think again. Yes, you deserve to have fun, but the office Christmas party is not the right time and place to go crazy for several reasons:
- Office is a place you come to work and build your career and a certain image. There will be the same people on the party that you see every day at the office. Don’t send them mixed impression about you.
– Keep in mind that all important managers will be attending the party.
– Being fun doesn’t mean drinking a lot. And in case you had too much to drink, think about your outfit. Will everything stay in place if you stop controlling your moves?
– Not everyone will be reading this, before attending the party. That is why the majority of your co-workers will have the objective to have fun. So, stay alert, this is a perfect opportunity for you to see who is who in your office. People tend to reveal their true faces when they are drunk or have too much fun.
– People will be taking picture on this party. Make sure you look decent, because what seemed fun during the party, can have the opposite effect when you find yourself tagged on facebook.
So, keeping in mind everything mentioned above, we suggest you to not wear anything which is:
– Too short
– Too tight
– Too revealing
– Too casual
Here is the best example of dresses appropriate for any office Christmas party:
November 11, 2012 Update: You might want to take a look at 6 sets we’ve created for the 2012 season: Office Christmas party outfits
And here you can see some great ideas of the complete office Christmas party outfit:
Office Christmas Party set created by audrey2323.
Office Christmas Party set created by pentesilea.
Office Christmas Party set created by richclubgirl.
You can find different and appropriate office Christmas party dresses on Amazon as well as at other places.
Office Christmas party is the perfect time and place to get to know your colleagues a little bit better and share a good time together. So, relax and enjoy yourself!
Do you have any questions about office Christmas party dress code or you think we forgot to mention something important? Come talk to us! Leave your comment below!