If you want to impress your future employer instantly, we suggest to start with wearing business professional clothing. Here is a quick reminder of what the business professional dress code is and several examples of business attire for a job interview:
- Plain dark or pinstripe suit accompanied by a white, ivory, beige, soft blue or champagne shirt, a coordinated tie, dark socks and shoes (at least as dark as the suit).
- Body piercing should be removed if possible, tattoos should be covered.
- Cufflinks, a good quality watch and wedding or engagement rings should be your only accessories.
- Remember to carry a portfolio or professional briefcase.
- Make sure your nails are trimmed, the hairstyle is neat and breath is fresh.
- Don’t use overly strong cologne or aftershave.
Avoid wearing any casual clothing like t-shirts, flip-flops or sandals, shorts, any sportswear or jeans.
You might also want to check summary of Business Professional Dress Code for Men in PDF format.
Let us know if you have any questions about appropriate clothing for a job interview. Leave a comment below!